Anyone ever challenged by that direction piece? Which song to sing, which task to do now, which email to respond to first...because you know you'll be interrupted and the "day's plan" will fall into a state that needs editing...again.
Recently, on the Mums The Word podcast, I had the opportunity to sing a song of sorts. Dr. Kaz Jaffe, a chiropractor and mom (mum, she's in Australia), asked lovely questions that I believe we all could benefit from. Learning from the interview (that I hope you'll listen to), I encourage you to :
- Know your story.
- Tell it with a heart of help for others.
- Know the quote, affirmation, or scripture that has struck the chords of your heart loudly. Be able to articulate it’s meaning to you.
- Identify how you apply it to your life.
- Identify a time that you struggled, both personally and professionally, recognize what did you learned.
- Know what drives you. What is it that gets you up in the morning?
- If we could go back in time, knowing what you now know, having the life, you have now…what would you tell your younger self?
- Identify the best advice you ever received.
- Know your resources. (I hope you consider OptiMOM Coaching a resource)
All of these preparations for the short interview had a lovely re-enforcement about what I'm doing and how I'm doing it. It concluded with the reminder that like Dr. BJ Palmer said, I'll never know how far reaching what I say, think, or do today may effect the lives of millions tomorrow.
Especially to the mothers in "your world", please share the interview and know that the empowered, more Peaceful mom will impact the well-being of your community.
Please sing YOUR song and I hope you'll enjoy a few moments of mine.
To stay connected to Dr. Jaffe
Subscribe to her podcast at: www.mumsthewordpodcast.com
Follow Mums The Word on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mumsthewordpodcast/?fref=ts